As a growing number of consumers latch on to the crusade for better customer service lead by the indomitable Mary ‘Queen of Shops’ Portas, Greene King Pub Partners is helping their licensees by boosting its customer satisfaction training.
From this February Pub Partners’ licensees will be offered new training to gain invaluable skills and advice on how to serve and impress customers. Its all part of Greene King’s new ‘Retail Excellence’ course.
The training scheme has been launched to ensure all Greene King licensees offer the excellent levels of service that customers expect, helping the pubs to improve customer loyalty and profitability.
The training covers eight key areas:
• Customer service and the profit chain: the commercial impact of great customer service
• Shaping excellence: helping licensees create an excellent customer experience cycle for their pub
• Retail service excellence: where retail excellence can go wrong, and what is needed to excel
• Driving up performance: how to use the customer experience cycle
• Service and standards: reviewing the customer experience against standards
• Customer feedback: the importance of gathering feedback and using it effectively
• Engaging people: getting staff on board to deliver excellence
• Action: implementing best practice across all Greene King pubs
Simon Longbottom, managing director for Greene King Pub Partners, says service is undeniably essential to customer retention, loyalty and business success.
“Research has shown that a high level of customer satisfaction has a direct correlation with customer spend. And with programmes like Mary Portas: Secret Shopper, attracting an audience of three million people each week, customers are demanding better service levels than ever, and that means in pubs as well as on the high street. Our licensees need to be at the top of their game and we’re helping them to achieve that.
“The programme helps licensees understand the impact of staff training and retention on customer service, and how overall standards and offer can have an ultimate effect on how the customer feels, acts and spends.”
Greene King Pub Partners has already invested extensively in quarterly customer satisfaction surveys for each pub and believes that combining these results with effective customer service training and action plans they will improve profitability for each pub.
The Retail Excellence training will be available to all Pub Partners licensees across the country from February. All business development managers in the business have been through the training.
PRESS CONTACT: ELAINE BECKETT, PR & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, GREENE KING PUB PARTNERS, TEL: 07974 132844