Clayton Lane, Clayton, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD14 6RE
The pub enjoys an open plan feel with areas within the pub designated for drinking, dining and general entertainment. A small snug offers a traditional Inn feel as well as the place for the darts and pub teams to congregate. There is a small catering kitchen which will allow a value menu to be offered and based along these lines a menu which will compliment the real ales on offer. Single serve bar to all areas makes ease of serve and management simple.
Three story brick built with external painted render finish, Apex tiled roof with three bedrooms and bathroom, lounge and domestic kitchen. There is also a 1st floor office which houses the CCTV and office furniture. There is a small car park opposite the pub which will safely park 20 cars.
The pub lies on two levels with the kitchen and designated dining at the top and then social and entertainment area around the bar. A small Snug allows for quiet drinking and socialising.
|Car park spaces||20|
Large family size bathroom with all bedrooms on the large side. The lounge is also on the large side with views across the valley. Access is through the staircase to the rear of the pub.
|Annual rent||£27,000 per annum|
|Weekly rent||£519.23 per week fixed|
£27,000 per annum, £519.23 per week fixed and subject to annual RPI increase, which is capped. Paid weekly by direct debit. Machine income free of tie.
Entry costs approx £14,650 which includes fixtures and fittings, stock, glassware, crockery, cutlery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit (25% of head rent, minimum £6,000). *Please note an assisted purchase may be available for the right operator and the F&F costs are shown as a 25% deposit and full cost is approx £12,000*
|Fixtures & fittings||£4,000||Working capital||£3,000|
|Other costs||£0||Total entry cost||£14,650|
Standard Tenancy Agreement A fixed 5 year term agreement which is contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 •Tie variations available •Rent set at the start of the agreement, subject to the annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) which is capped •Flexible pricing options available •Greene King is responsible for the structure of the building •Ability to end agreement with 6 months notice at any time with standard notice fee equal to 3 months rent
You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations.
Calculators to help you are available on the business planning section of our website.
|Year||Beer (Brls)||Wine & spirits (Ltrs)||Minerals (Ltrs)|
|Volume notes||There are no volumes available for wines & spirits as this site has previously been free of tie for these products. The pub has had issues with GK direct supply so these volumes are lower than site actually sold in the year.|
Clayton, or Clayton Village, is a civil parish in the City of Bradford metropolitan borough in West Yorkshire, England, situated 3 miles to the west of Bradford city centre. It is listed in the Domesday Book, meaning it dates back to at least the 11th century and was privately owned from 1160 to 1866. It was noted for its clay. More recently, Clayton was a key location in the British and international wool trade, being the home of the British Wool Marketing Board headquarters. The old building was demolished and converted into housing in the late 1990s. The village re-acquired civil parish status with a parish council in 2004. The main street of the village – Clayton Lane – which runs alongside the park, includes several traditional pubs, a popular crawl route for many residents. Starting at the top of the lane is the Fleece, moving down past the Royal Hotel to the Albion and the Black Bull – the oldest pub in the area. There are also several shops, churches and a nearby golf club and reservoir at Clayton Heights (now designated as a Country Park) with views of the city of Bradford and the village of Thornton across the valley.