'The apprenticeship route appealed to me because it meant I was in a job but learning more each day about the disciplines needed in the kitchen.'
Apprenticeships offer a fantastic way to train and develop your team whether they’re new into the role or looking to progress to the next level. We’ve aligned our Apprenticeship programme to roles available in pubs so there are a range of opportunities to develop and enhance your team’s skills and knowledge.
WHAT ARE APPRENTICESHIPS?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes that provide your team with the skills they need to succeed.
HOW THE TRAINING WORKS
An Apprenticeship takes a minimum of 12 months to complete based on a 30 hour week. Higher level Apprenticeships take longer. Your Apprentice will be supported by a dedicated Lifetime Training Regional Trainer who will visit every 4 to 6 weeks for sessions which will last for approximately 2 hours. Visits will be organised in advance to fit around rotas. The amount of work will depend on the level of the Apprenticeship, however we recommended 3 hours of self-study per week.
THE BENEFITS TO YOU
- Cost free help to recruit motivated team members
- Train and develop your staff
- Improve retention levels
- Increase your team’s productivity
- Provide clear career progression routes for team members
- Improvde quality of service for customers
- Reduce wastage and enhance profitability
- Provide an emphasis on customer service
- Fill skills gaps at entry level through to management
THE BENEFITS FOR THE APPRENTICE
- Gain a nationally-recognised qualification
- Learn at their own pace through a variety of teaching styles
- Improve skills and knowledge to develop their career
- Learn through coaching and mentoring from expert trainers
- Access to online learning resources
Apprenticships available are slightly different in Scotland and Wales.
LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE APPRENTICESHIPS
- Food and Beverage Service
- Licensed retail (specialising in beer and cask ale or wine or cocktails) – England only
- Concierge and guest services – England only
- Reservations – England only
- Conference and events – England only
- Food production
- Commis Chef / Professional cookery
LEVEL 3 ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIPS
- Senior chef production – England only
- Chef de Partie / Professional cookery
- Hospitality Supervisor (specialising in food and beverage, bar, housekeeping, front office or events)
- Management Development Programme – England only
LEVEL 4 HIGHER APPRENTICESHIPS
- Hospitality Manager – England only