'We found it exceptionally good for projecting and planning ahead.'
'I thought the content was great and as well as giving me some tips, it reminded me of the things we already do well, but how the little things are what will set us apart from the competition. The course helped me to rethink and refocus.'
All Licensees entering into a new agreement with Greene King will need to undergo training. This will ensure that you operate your business safely and within the law. It will also help you to focus your business plan and set goals and targets.
Cellar management: £70 per person
Our Cellar trainers will demonstrate how to manage your cellar effectively to ensure consistent quality, high yield and Guest satisfaction.
What you'll discover
- Introduction to the perfect pint
- Cask beer and cask practical
- Keg beer and keg practical
- Gas systems and coolers
- Cleaning, hygiene and food safety
- Glass washing
- Product presentation
- At the end of the day you will sit the BIIAB Award in Beer Cellar Quality
3 DAY WELCOME INDUCTION: £500 PER PERSON
This workshop will help you bring to life your vision and plan for your new business and to build a clear vision of what your business will be famous for. Understanding that the people you recruit or the menu choices you make all have an impact. Your Day 1 will end with a study tour of the town before a group evening meal.
This workshop will enable you to review learnings from Day 1 and reflect on the study tour and the impact this will have on your own customer journey for your pub.
Your tutor will help you to understand how profit is generated in retailing and understanding the costs and impact promotions and entertainment have on your business.
£500 first person plus VAT
£300 second person attending (sharing accommodation) plus VAT
Essential Finance: £100 per person
Learn how to clearly and simply monitor financial controls to understand and protect your investment.
- The legal requirements for establishing as a Sole Trader, Partnership or Limited company
- Identify the skills and advice needed from your Accountants, Stocktakers and Bankers
- Establish an efficient bookkeeping system and cash flow forecast exercise
- Comply with all Self Assessment requirements for the Inland Revenue
- VAT calculations
- Construct a Profit & Loss account
- How to calculate Gross Profit, Gross Profit Margin percentage and setting realistic prices
- Identifying waste and abuse
- Staffing ratios and yield