The Local Hero Agreement
Local Hero pubs have an innovative twist with a rich vein of local provenance, led by genuinely engaged and passionate teams. In essence, they really stand out from the crowd.
A Local Hero is famous for...
- Being full of local provenance – food, ale and community spirit.
- Having the best range of ales in the area – passionate about our beer.
- An innovative twist that creates something unique to differentiate it from competitors in the area.
- A great atmosphere at all times – whether guests are popping in for coffee and cake in the morning, or glass of wine and a meal in the evening.
- Being led by a publican with the vision to build a great business and establish a great reputation.
- 50% of the cask ale stocked can be free of tie to ensure the best range in the area.
- £100 per barrel discount on Greene King own brand cask ales.
- A simple Royalty Charge of 6% of net turnover payable to Greene King.
- From year 2, Royalty can be reduced to 4% of net turnover, depending on your Mystery Guest and Cellar Audit scores.
Over £20,000 support package:
A Local Hero pub goes beyond a normal tenancy Agreement. Think of it like a partnership with Greene King, working together to deliver the best pub in town.
- All new tenants are supported with a 100 day process to take you through all areas of running a pub.
- All Local Hero pubs receive quarterly ‘Health Checks’ to assist in the growth of your Pub.
- Local Hero specialist Development Manager – to support and advise you.
- Advanced Local Hero training – to ensure that your team is the best in town.
- Monthly Mystery Guest visits – to provide insight and feedback so that you can grow and improve your business.
- Flexible marketing support – marketing templates for all occasions including print, website and social media.
- Local Hero partner meetings – to network with other operators.
- Zonal EPOS tills – including full support and maintenance – this will save you over £4,000 per year.
- iDraught technology – to ensure maximum yield and profitability.