Falcon

45 Marine Parade, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2EN

A characterful traditional seaside pub located directly on Southend Seafront, home of the world's longest pier! Investment planned.

The Falcon is a traditional pub that services the local community throughout the year with a substantial increase in trade throughout the Spring/Summer months from tourists and visitors to this seaside location. We have a planned investment to refresh the décor both internally and externally. The pub does not have a kitchen, so the focus is on great quality drinks and service. There is however an opportunity to introduce easy to serve bar snacks e.g. Scotch eggs, Sausage Rolls, Pies etc

Location

The Falcon is a traditional pub that services the local community throughout the year with a substantial increase in trade throughout the Spring/Summer months from tourists and visitors to this seaside location. We have a planned investment to refresh the décor both internally and externally. The pub does not have a kitchen, so the focus is on great quality drinks and service. There is however an opportunity to introduce easy to serve bar snacks e.g. Scotch eggs, Sausage Rolls, Pies etc

Business Information

Annual rent

£26,000

Weekly rent

£500

Entry costs

£24,125

Turnover royalty

n/a

Forecasted Operator Turnover

£294,432

Forecasted Operator Profit (inc machine profit)

£24,015

Forecasted Operator Machine Profit

£10,000

Average Beer & Cider Discount*

Blended £36

Type of Tie

Full tie: All products

Agreement

Standard Tenancy Agreement A fixed 5 year term agreement which is contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 •Tie variations available •Rent set at the start of the agreement, subject to the annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) which is capped •Flexible pricing options available •Greene King is responsible for the structure of the building •Ability to end agreement with 6 months notice at any time with standard notice fee equal to 3 months rent

Entry costs approximately £24,125.00, which includes stock, glassware, crockery, cutlery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit which is 25% of head rent. Fixtures and Fittings are valued at approximately £8,000 and the final valuation will be confirmed on change day. An assisted purchase of F&F may be available with a 25% deposit on change day and weekly re payments to purchase the remaining 75% over an agreed period ** Please note the successful applicant will need to be able to fund additional Fixtures and Fittings to go with the refurbishment/investment planned.

Deposit

£6,500

Fixtures & Fittings

£8,000

Legal Admin Fee

£825

Broker Fee

£750

Stocktaking Fee

£150

Working Capital

£6,000

Other Costs

£1,900

Total Entry Costs

£24,125

You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations.

Year Beer (Brls) Wine & Spirits (Ltrs) Minerals (Ltrs)
2018/19 186 1,205 3,181
2017/18 170 1,249 3,326
2016/17 203 1,393 4,508

The bar is sea facing with seating at the front and a pool table to the side, there is room for 5 tables outside. There is a covered smoking area at the back of the pub. Currently the pub shows sport and has pool and darts teams.

Trade Bars

Yes

Trade Dining Areas

No

Trade Kitchens

No

Trade Food Covers

0

Trade Gardens

No

Trade Patio Areas

Yes

Trade Rooms to Let

0

Meeting Rooms

No

External Child Play Areas

No

Function Rooms

No

Customer Car Park Spaces

0

Current Premises License Opening Hours

Mon - Sat: 10:00-23:30
Sun 12:00 - 11:00

Above the pub the principle living area overlooks the sea, there is a separate kitchen and bathroom with 5 bedrooms.

Private Rooms

12

Lounge

Yes

Dining Rooms

1

Double Bedrooms

5

Single Bedrooms

0

Bathrooms

2

Toilets

2

Private Kitchens

1

Offices

0

Bedsits

0

BDM Portrait

I am looking ideally for an experienced hands on operator for this seasonal pub. Successful applicants need to take pride in delivering a great drinks range and be able to work with the community and tourists alike. You should be able to adapt both operationally and financially with a seasonal business.

James Pearson, Business Development Manager

Apply for this property

The Pub Partners team at Greene King is here to help you make the right decisions about starting your own pub business.