Three Cups

45 Newnham Street, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3JR

A Pub thats serious about Beer!

The Three Cups is situated on the outside of Bedford town centre but within easy walking distance of all the major amenities. Being so close to the centre of the town allows the site to be a real chameleon and trade at all key times of the day and week. It will be important that the new operators maximises the potential of this site and introduces a food offer. The site has gained a great reputation from beer lovers near and far, anyone considering this great opportunity will need to have a real passion for top quality beer.

Location

Business Information

Annual rent

£39,000

Weekly rent

£750

Entry costs

£26,475

Turnover royalty

n/a

Forecasted Operator Turnover

£368,893

Forecasted Operator Profit (inc machine profit)

£37,665

Forecasted Operator Machine Profit

£0

#}

Average Beer & Cider Discount*

Blended £36

Type of Tie

Full tie: Access to Discounted Wines, Spirits & Minerals Price List

Agreement

Standard Tenancy Agreement A fixed 5 year term agreement which is contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 •Tie variations available •Rent set at the start of the agreement, subject to the annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) which is capped •Flexible pricing options available •Greene King is responsible for the structure of the building •Ability to end agreement with 6 months notice at any time with standard notice fee equal to 3 months rent

Entry cost is approximately £26,475.00 which includes Fixtures & Fittings at 25% of estimated valuation, stock, glassware, cutlery, crockery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit. Please note full valuation of Fixtures and Fittings is estimated at approximately £20,000. An assisted purchase of F&F may be available with a 25% deposit on change day and weekly re payments to purchase the remaining 75% over an agreed period. Fixtures and fittings does not include the brewing equipment - if you wish to purchase this then it will need to be discussed with the current operator on a separate basis

Deposit

£9,750

Fixtures & Fittings

£5,000

Legal Admin Fee

£825

Broker Fee

£750

Stocktaking Fee

£150

Working Capital

£5,000

Other Costs

£5,000

Total Entry Costs

£26,475

You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations. **Please note trading volumes for year 19/20 are for part year trading and reflect the impact of closure during the Covid 19 pandemic**

Year Beer (Brls) Wine & Spirits (Ltrs) Minerals (Ltrs)
2019/20 88 386 2,226
2018/19 190 1,161 4,200
2017/18 200 1,357 4,841

A single bar servery with a mix of soft furnishings and fixed seating make this a really comfy town centre beer house. There is a back room attached to the main bar area with a snug seating area within.

Trade Bars

Yes

Trade Dining Areas

No

Trade Kitchens

Yes

Trade Food Covers

42

Trade Gardens

Yes

Trade Patio Areas

Yes

Trade Rooms to Let

0

Meeting Rooms

No

External Child Play Areas

No

Function Rooms

No

Customer Car Park Spaces

12

Current Premises License Opening Hours

Mon - Sat:11:00 - 00:00
Sun: 12:00 - 23:00

The private accommodation is in fair condition

Private Rooms

6

Lounge

Yes

Dining Rooms

0

Double Bedrooms

2

Single Bedrooms

0

Bathrooms

1

Toilets

0

Private Kitchens

1

Offices

1

Bedsits

0

BDM Portrait

This is a great site, it has its own Micro Brewery on site and sits in the heart of Town! I'm searching for an excellent operator to bring this Pub to life

Phil Venables, Business Development Manager

Apply for this property

The Pub Partners team at Greene King is here to help you make the right decisions about starting your own pub business.