Hall Street, Long Melford, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 9JQ
Widely regarded as one of the best places in the local area to eat, drink and stay. The Swan, Long Melford offers the rare chance to run a top grade destination venue.
Complete with its own Deli shop, the Swan offers a plethora of income streams. Whether it is the bespoke boutique rooms, the private chefs table dining room or the beautiful landscaped beer garden. This business is a prime opportunity for an experienced operator in fine dining and the premium market place.
Fully refurbished just a few short years ago, the Swan offers boutique rooms and a premium finish throughout. The large catering kitchen easily accomodates for the site and the added benefit of the Deli shop is a real Jewel in this business.
|Rooms to let||4|
There is no private accomodation on site. However the site does offer a private office area
|Annual rent||£85,000 per annum|
|Weekly rent||£1,634.62 per week fixed|
£85,000 per annum, £1634.62 per week fixed and subject to annual RPI increase, which is capped. Paid weekly by direct debit.
Entry costs approx £132,745.00 which includes fixtures and fittings (valuation to be confirmed), stock, glassware, crockery, cutlery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit (25% of head rent, minimum £6,000).
|Fixtures & fittings||£50,000||Working capital||£15,000|
|Other costs||£44,250||Total entry cost||£132,745|
STANDARD LEASE AGREEMENT
This is a fully repairing and insuring (FRI) Lease Agreement. It is designed for experienced Licensees and requires a higher amount of investment than our other Agreements.
• The Agreement term is for a minimum of 10 years with option to increase in 5 year periods up to 25 years.
• Fully protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 with right of renewal
• The Lease can be assigned after 2 years (subject to our approval).
• Tie variations are available.
• Flexible discounts and pricing available.
• Gaming machines are supplied through Greene King on a 50/50 profit split.
• Full purchase of the Inventory (Fixtures & Fittings) is required at the start of the Agreement.
• Rent is subject to five yearly open market rent reviews and is also subject to the annual Retail Price Index (RPI) which is capped.
• A deposit of 25% of the annual rent (minimum £6,000) is required.
• The lessee will be fully responsible for both internal and external repairs to the building.
You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations.
Calculators to help you are available on the business planning section of our website.
|Year||Beer (Brls)||Wine & spirits (Ltrs)||Minerals (Ltrs)|
Long Melford is an historical town situated on the outskirts of Sudbury and a short drive from the main towns of Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich. The area is highly affluent and is well regarded for its antiques outlets in conjunction with great food and drink.
Current premises licence opening hours
Mon-Thurs: 07:00-00:00 Fri-Sun: 07:00-01:00
Business Development Manager
Call the Recruitment team on 01284 714 497Apply online
“ The Swan is a dominant site in the historical georgian town of Long Melford. Complete with letting rooms, private dining chefs table area, top grade commercial kitchen and deli shop. This is a great opportunity to run one of the areas most prolific and regarded businesses. ”