3 Main Street, Symington, Ayrshire, KA1 5QB
Rare opportunity to take over remaining term on the lease (10yrs) of this popular, well established family run business
Its an excellent opportunity to purchase a successful business which trades with an enviable reputation and client base. The business trades very well with a high turnover generated from food sales (approx. 75%) and wet sales (approx... 25%).
For more information or to make an appointment to view please contact Bruce & Co direct on 0131 314 0660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are three distinctive trading areas including two dining areas plus cosy sung with recently refurbished lounge / function room. The site also benefits from a beer garden comprising of 25 covers serving lunch and drinks during the warmer months.
|Car park spaces||20|
There is no private accommodation with this pub.
|Annual rent||£43,893 per annum|
|Weekly rent||£844.10 per week fixed|
£43,893.00 per annum, £844.10 per week fixed and subject to annual RPI increase, which is capped. Paid weekly by direct debit.
Entry costs approx £172,774.00 which includes fixtures and fittings, stock, glassware, crockery, cutlery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit (25% of head rent, minimum £6,000). **150K for Fixture and fittings includes cost of 10yr lease.**
|Fixtures & fittings||£150,000||Working capital||£10,000|
|Other costs||£800||Total entry cost||£172,774|
STANDARD LEASE AGREEMENT
This is a fully repairing and insuring (FRI) Lease Agreement. It is designed for experienced Licensees and requires a higher amount of investment than our other Agreements.
• The Agreement term is for a minimum of 10 years with option to increase in 5 year periods up to 25 years.
• Fully protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 with right of renewal
• The Lease can be assigned after 2 years (subject to our approval).
• Tie variations are available.
• Flexible discounts and pricing available.
• Gaming machines are supplied through Greene King on a 50/50 profit split.
• Full purchase of the Inventory (Fixtures & Fittings) is required at the start of the Agreement.
• Rent is subject to five yearly open market rent reviews and is also subject to the annual Retail Price Index (RPI) which is capped.
• A deposit of 25% of the annual rent (minimum £6,000) is required.
• The lessee will be fully responsible for both internal and external repairs to the building.
You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations.
Calculators to help you are available on the business planning section of our website.
|Year||Beer (Brls)||Wine & spirits (Ltrs)||Minerals (Ltrs)|
The Wheasheaf inn is situated within a residential area in the conservation village of Symington. The town itself is only a short distance from both Ayr and Kilmarnock and is within easy commuting distance to Glasgow via the A77
Current premises licence opening hours
Monday-Saturday: 11:00hrs - 00.30hrs Sunday - 10:00hrs - 23:00hrs
Business Development Manager
Call the Recruitment team on 01284 714 497Apply online
“ LEASE ASSIGNMENT: Rare opportunity to take over this Popular long standing, well established family run business situated on main street Symington. The Wheatsheaf inn has been in the owners family for over 30yrs during which time has built up an excellent reputation for food. The business occupies a 18th century single storey stone built property comprising of 3 main trading spaces; 2 Dining areas; one with service bar and a cosy snug bar with recently invested lounge area. This is a quality business and although trading well would benefit from an active marketing plan to increase awareness and introduce new custom to this beautiful conservation village. ”