live music venue

Whelan's

341 Oxgate Lane, Neasden, Greater London, NW2 7HS

Gallery

(Click to enlarge)

prev next

Pub overview

Your chance to run a prominent live music pub, serving the local community

Whelan's offers a great opportunity to run a landmark business serving a diverse community and the local workforce. The building has a striking presence and prominent corner position, together with generous trading space which has been recently refurbished to a very high standard. Internally. The pub offers excellent zoning with an ample dining room, large bar area and a games room allowing the business to cater to many different occasions simultaneously. Sport and live music together with traditional pub food underpin the current offer and preserving this model would benefit the incoming operator and should be central to your business plan.
We are currently investiagting an investment scheme for the Pub, which would include remvoing the central chimney breast, to make the venue more open plan and enable better viewing of the main stage

The pub has one long bar which is able to cope with very high volume sales during peak periods, with ample furniture to accommodate customers during quieter times. There is a good sized dining room, and a secondary raised area also suitable for dining. There is a games room with screens and a pool table to the left of the bar with plenty of space for players and fixed seating provided.

Trade space
Bars 1
Car park spaces 4
Dining rooms 1
Food covers100
Trade kitchens 1
Rooms to let 7
Patio areas 1

The upstairs accomodation is currently being used as letting accomodation. there are seven bedrooms with Ensuite facilities, a domestic self catering style kitchen and an office space. This area lends itself to flexability in relation to letting accomodation or owner accomodation.

Private space
Private Rooms3
Private Kitchen1
Bathrooms1
Office1

Rent information

Annual rent£52,000 per annum
Weekly rent£1,000.00 per week fixed
Notes

£52,000 per annum, £1,000.00 per week fixed and subject to annual RPI increase, which is capped. Paid weekly by direct debit.
Machine income free of tie.

Entry costs approx £68,375.00 which includes, 25% of Fixtures & Fittings, stock, glassware, crockery, cutlery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit which is equal to 25% of head rent. Fixtures and Fittings are valued at approximately £150,000.00 and the final valuation will be confirmed on change day. An assisted purchase of F&F may be available with a 25% deposit (£37,500) on change day and weekly re payments to purchase the remaining 75% over an agreed period.

Brokers£750Legal£825
Deposit£13,000Stocktaking fees£150
Fixtures & fittings£37,500Working capital£15,000
Other costs£1,150Total entry cost£68,375

Agreement description

Standard Tenancy Agreement
A fixed 5 year term agreement which is contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
•Tie variations available
•Rent set at the start of the agreement, subject to the annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) which is capped
•Flexible pricing options available
•Greene King is responsible for the structure of the building
•Ability to end agreement with 6 months notice at any time with standard notice fee equal to 3 months rent

You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations.

Calculators to help you are available on the business planning section of our website.

Trading volumes

YearBeer (Brls)Wine & spirits (Ltrs)Minerals (Ltrs)
2018/1938712,212
2017/18395567,769
2016/1732885,715
Volume notes

Location

Neasden is a suburban area to the north of London which benefits from excellent transport links and road access via the nearby north circular ring road. Nearby attractions include Wembley stadium and the Brent Cross shopping centre. The local community is culturally diverse and the wealth of residential property nearby houses a large population which the pub serves, together with blue collar workforce fom local light industrial businesses.

L

Facilities

Trade bar
Car park
Dining area
Trade kitchen
Letting rooms
Trade patio

Current premises licence opening hours

Sale of Alcohol Times Mon-Thu: 08:00-01:30 Fri-Sun: 08:00-02:30

Contact Us

Lee Jarvis

Business Development Manager

Call the Recruitment team on 01284 714 497

Apply online
“ I am seeking an operator who can embrace the local culture and community, whilst successfully continuing to deliver entertainment, service and products that fit the market. The site is an excellent opportunity to run a multi-function business, serving the locals and offering a live music venue to a wider audience. If this is the opportunity you are looking for, then please contact the recruitment team for further information ”