We offer a range of agreements with terms that depend on the commitment you want to make. Some agreements give you flexibility so you can run things how you wish, others have set Operational Procedures and extra levels of support.
Our agreements provide differing opportunities, which we can discuss with you in more detail when you get in touch or meet with one of our Business Development Managers. Alternatively, come along to one of our recruitment open days held at our brewery, and experience first-hand our award-winning brewery and passion for pubs.
Our standard tenancy agreement
- A fixed 5 year term agreement which is contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Tie variations available
- Rent set at the start of the agreement, subject to the annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) which is capped
- Flexible pricing options available
- 50/50 profit split of machines income
- Greene King is responsible for the structure of the building
- Ability to end agreement with 6 months notice at any time with standard notice fee equal to 3 months rent
Our standard lease agreement
- A 10 to 25 year agreement with lessee responsibility of fully repairing and insuring
- Fully protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 with right of renewal
- Tie variations available
- 5 yearly open market rent review, subject to the annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) which is capped
- Flexible discounts and pricing available
- 50/50 machine income split
- Ability to sell (known as ‘assign’) the agreement after 2 years
We regularly review our agreements and continually seek to innovate, therefore whilst our standard tenancy and lease are our principle agreements, we do have other agreements available, subject to the pub, style of business and operator.
Other agreements include our Local Hero agreement, an innovative agreement that’s all about supporting local provenance in food and drink and our Meet & Eat business format franchise agreement, which provides a tried-and-tested template to operating a pub business.
Other things to know
- A deposit is collected at the start of the agreement equivalent to 25% of the annual rent (min. £6,000).
- You will normally be required to purchase the inventory (fixtures & fittings) in full on entry to the business. Under certain circumstances, Greene King may help you with this through an Assisted Purchase Scheme.
- Buildings Insurance is provided by Greene King and re-charged to you.
- You will be required to complete the mandatory and pre-entry training courses provided by Greene King before an agreement can be granted.
- To ensure you fully understand the obligations you will be entering in to, you must ensure you seek independent professional advice before entering into an agreement with us. We will require contact details of these professionals as evidence you have received such advice.
- Please see our Code of Practice to understand the way in which we will work with you.