Find a pub
Investment In Your Development
We want to ensure you have the right skills to be successful in running your business and we’ll agree what support will help you achieve your personal business goals.
Call us on 01284 843055 to speak to the training team.
MANAGEMENT TRAINING MODULES
£20 per module plus VAT
£60 for five modules of your choice plus VAT
£110 for all 12 modules plus VAT
Training modules for managers, covering management compliance and management development.
MICHAEL FINNIGAN'S 10 STRATEGIES
£300 per person for the full programme of modules plus VAT
An innovative programme of online modules which focuses on developing everyday skills to achieve your potential.
PUB SKILLS TRAINING MODULES
£10 per module plus VAT
£100 for five modules of your choice plus VAT
£250 annual licence (all modules) plus VAT
More than 25 online training modules covering compliance, service, trends, hotel and Health & Safety.
MARKETING THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
£125 per person
This one-day course will give you the time, space and confidence to understand developments in social media, evaluating the choice of methods and approaches available and drawing up an effective online marketing campaign.
- Understand the market you operate in
- Effectively use the social media channels that are relevant for your business
- Increase your Facebook numbers and use Twitter to create viral marketing messages
- Review your website’s structure and content
- Develop a client database
- Plan a calendar of events
- Generate PR for your business
- Choose the right marketing method for your product / campaign
- Write engaging content for your marketing messages
- Evaluate your marketing investment and understand what works
MANAGEMENT TO LEADERSHIP
£450 per person | 2 day course
Cost includes an evening meal
For everyone who has supervisory, management or leadership responsibilities – either directly or indirectly. You do not need to have a large team – or even a small one: if you need to enable the people around you to perform by doing and saying the right things at the right moment, then this course is for you.
A two-day programme designed to develop the skills needed to get the best out of everyone you have responsibility for. We’ll examine when people need to be managed and when they need to be led – and what that means for you in terms of different approaches. To grow performance and capability, people need both support and challenge. You’ll be shown a variety of approaches which each drive a different result – allowing you to choose exactly what an individual needs from you to perform brilliantly in every situation.
- The differences between Management and Leadership – why management screams and leadership whispers!
- Capabilities of a Leader – leaders are made not born, so let’s make sure we grow more in the business!
- 10 Things Great Managers Do – once you know what they are, you can start to hold on to your top talent
- The History of Leadership – some fantastic theories about buffalo, geese and the demise of the Great Man!
- Situational Leadership – setting the bar high enough to ensure great performance every time. Giving advice when appropriate
- Cheerleading when they are competent and don’t need any more advice and then delegating with a smile on your face (lets banish that control freak!)
- Coaching for Performance – a magic model that enables you to be brilliant: all you have to do is ask a few questions!
£500 per person | 2 day course
Cost includes overnight accommodation and evening meal
A two-day interactive workshop for licensees considering taking a second site, new multiples and current multi-site operators. The programme addresses the challenges and different skill set required to operate a multi-site business.
- The drivers for success
- Brand, culture and values
- Systems and controls
- Lessons from other MSO’s
- Managing risk
- Business planning
ON-SITE PRE AND POST INVESTMENT SUPPORT
£250 per day for small investments
Free for large investments
As part of the investment support from Greene King, we offer vital back-of-house and front-of-house training support to ensure that you and your team have all the skills to be successful from re-launch.
£250 per session
If you want to develop yourself personally, or change the focus of your business, our fully trained coaches can act as a business mentor to help guide you and support your journey.
'Some Pub Partners Agreement types also require that you do extra or additional training as a condition of the Agreement. Generally, this is where you may be expected to operate your business to agreed performance standards or where you do not have experience of working in the hospitality industry. The exact requirements may vary but the following summary will help you.'
Sarah Milward, Central Operations Manager
Take a look at our guide to flexible learning and development for you and your team.
When you become part of the Greene King family, you become part of a support network that’s designed to help you every step of the way.
Why Greene King
As a licensee, you can become part of our 200-year heritage, and benefit from our experience, expertise and buying power.