Find a pub
Investing In Your Team
Your team needs to reflect your values and quality. We’ll develop a training plan with you to support your team to create a motivated and successful workforce.
Call us on 01284 843055 to speak to the training team.
Free as part of induction
A suite of three e-learning modules along with bite-size learning tutorials to teach you more about cask and keg beers. You’ll be assigned access automatically when you book on our Cellar Management course.
- Beer brand information
- ‘How to’ videos
- E-learning courses
- Book face-to-face training
- Best practice guides
- Cellar Doctor fault-finding service
MANAGEMENT TRAINING MODULES
£20 per module plus VAT
£60 for five modules of your choice plus VAT
£110 for all 12 modules plus VAT
Training modules for managers, covering management compliance and management development.
PUB SKILLS TRAINING MODULES
£10 per module plus VAT
£100 for five modules of your choice plus VAT
£250 annual licence (all modules) plus VAT
More than 25 online training modules covering compliance, service, trends, hotel and Health & Safety.
MARKETING THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
£125 per person
This one-day course will give you the time, space and confidence to understand developments in social media, evaluating the choice of methods and approaches available and drawing up an effective online marketing campaign.
- Understand the market you operate in
- Effectively use the social media channels that are relevant for your business
- Increase your Facebook numbers and use Twitter to create viral marketing messages
- Review your website’s structure and content
- Develop a client database
- Plan a calendar of events
- Generate PR for your business
- Choose the right marketing method for your product / campaign
- Write engaging content for your marketing messages
- Evaluate your marketing investment and understand what works
£70 per person
How to manage your cellar effectively to ensure consistent quality, high yield and customer satisfaction.
- Introduction to the perfect pint
- Cask beer and cask practical
- Keg beer and keg practical
- Gas systems and coolers
- Cleaning, hygiene and food safety
- Glass washing
- Product presentation
- At the end of the day you’ll sit the BIIAB Award in Beer Cellar Quality
MANAGEMENT TO LEADERSHIP
£450 per person | 2 day course
Cost includes an evening meal
For everyone who has supervisory, management or leadership responsibilities – either directly or indirectly. You do not need to have a large team – or even a small one: if you need to enable the people around you to perform by doing and saying the right things at the right moment, then this course is for you.
A two-day programme designed to develop the skills needed to get the best out of everyone you have responsibility for. We’ll examine when people need to be managed and when they need to be led – and what that means for you in terms of different approaches. To grow performance and capability, people need both support and challenge. You’ll be shown a variety of approaches which each drive a different result – allowing you to choose exactly what an individual needs from you to perform brilliantly in every situation.
- The differences between Management and Leadership – why management screams and leadership whispers!
- Capabilities of a Leader – leaders are made not born, so let’s make sure we grow more in the business!
- 10 Things Great Managers Do – once you know what they are, you can start to hold on to your top talent
- The History of Leadership – some fantastic theories about buffalo, geese and the demise of the Great Man!
- Situational Leadership – setting the bar high enough to ensure great performance every time. Giving advice when appropriate
- Cheerleading when they are competent and don’t need any more advice and then delegating with a smile on your face (lets banish that control freak!)
- Coaching for Performance – a magic model that enables you to be brilliant: all you have to do is ask a few questions!
Apprenticeships offer a fantastic way to train and develop your team whether they’re new into the role or looking to progress to the next level. We’ve aligned our apprenticeship programme to roles available in pubs so there are a range of opportunities to develop and enhance your team’s skills and knowledge. An apprenticeship takes a minimum of 12 months to complete and your apprentice will be supported by a dedicated Lifetime Training Regional Trainer. Take a look at our Apprentice Guide for more information.
ON-SITE TEAM TRAINING
£250 per session plus VAT
£900 for five sessions plus VAT
£1,800 for 10 sessions plus VAT
Our expert Learning & Development Field Trainers will visit your pub at a time that suits and tailor any training for you and your team.
'Some Pub Partners Agreement types also require that you do extra or additional training as a condition of the Agreement. Generally, this is where you may be expected to operate your business to agreed performance standards or where you do not have experience of working in the hospitality industry. The exact requirements may vary but the following summary will help you.'
Sarah Milward, Central Operations Manager
Take a look at our guide to flexible learning and development for you and your team.
When you become part of the Greene King family, you become part of a support network that’s designed to help you every step of the way.
Why Training Support
Hear from licensees who’ve taken advantage of the training support we offer and how it’s added value to their business.