Find a pub
FREE OF TIE!
The Osnaburg in the rural Angus town of Forfar is an historic traditional wet led pub with cask ales and a varied selection of draught lagers and beers. Live sport and entertainment drive the offer at weekends, ensuring the Osnaburg is well known locally as a great gathering place for locals and visitors to enjoy. The pub is currently operated well and the new publican should ensure current standards are maintained and look to widen the product range especially with a wider range of spirits to attract more female customers. A regular rhythm of the week should be planned, focusing on events, music, quizzes, and live sport to drive custom.
Situated in the thriving Angus town of Forfar, the Osnaburg is just off the High Street. Forfar is easily accessible from Dundee and Aberdeen, via the A90. The Angus Farmer's Market takes place every month offering local food to tourists and villagers and the local glens are popular with hill-walkers
Forecasted Operator Turnover
Forecasted Operator Profit (inc machine profit)
Forecasted Operator Machine Profit
Average Beer & Cider Discount*
Type of Tie
Free of Tie: All products
5 year free of tie commercial tenancy. Machine income is retained by operator.
Entry costs approximately £16,125, which includes stock, glassware, crockery, cutlery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit which is 25% of head rent. Fixtures and Fittings are valued at approximately £12,000 and the final valuation will be confirmed on change day. An assisted purchase of F&F may be available with a 25% deposit on change day and weekly re payments to purchase the remaining 75% over an agreed period
Fixtures & Fittings
Legal Admin Fee
Total Entry Costs
You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations.
|Wine & Spirits (Ltrs)
A single open plan space with a traditional bar including the lounge area, with a log burner to keep you warm in the winter. Known for professionals and tradesmen frequenting early evenings, a good mix of demographics at weekends enjoying live sport and entertainment. The site is said to haunted as per attached amenity board story.
Trade Dining Areas
Trade Food Covers
Trade Patio Areas
Trade Rooms to Let
External Child Play Areas
Customer Car Park Spaces
Current Premises Licence Opening Hours
Sun - Thu: 11:00-00:00
Fri - Sat: 11:00-01:00
No private accommodation available.
A great opportunity exists to take this site to the next level. I am looking for a partner with the imagination and vision to develop the pub and maximise its trading potential. The operator will be able to establish a clear personality for the pub that is different to the competition, whilst in addition to operational excellence the partner will need to have good marketing and communication skills to communicate the offer well through all digital platforms.
Billy Guthrie, Business Development Manager
Apply for this property
The Pub Partners team at Greene King is here to help you make the right decisions about starting your own pub business.