Sportsman's Arms

Moor End Terrace, Durham, Durham, DH1 1BJ

SIGNIFICANT REFURBISHMENT PLANNED

The Sportsman's Arms in Durham (currently known as the Belmont) is soon to be completely refurbished and completely reviatlised. Following a period of closure, we will complete an internal refurbishment to improve the existing trade area with full redecoration, including wallpaper and paneling. New F&F will be allowed for with feature lighting, all new loose furniture, fixed seating and bric a brac. Externally, the site will see a new front elevation visual with new external planters, furniture, festoon lighting, and heaters. It is the intention of the scheme, to move the pub away from the previous food led offer, and introduce into a value-mid market offer, focusing on live sport and creating a great pun for the local community. This hopefully gives you a taste of our plans, a full schedule of works is available upon request.

Location

Durham is a city in northeast England, south of Newcastle upon Tyne. The River Wear loops around the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral and Norman Durham Castle. The city is also home to the renowned Durham University and has a vibrant mix of student and locals. The area of Belmont is a short drive from the centre and ideally situated for commuters using the A1(M);; making it a desirable location to live.

Business Information

Annual rent

£39,500

Weekly rent

£760

Entry costs

£34,875

Turnover royalty

n/a

Forecasted Operator Turnover

£715,491

Forecasted Operator Profit (inc machine profit)

£44,523

Forecasted Operator Machine Profit

£5,000

Average Beer & Cider Discount*

£144

Type of Tie

Partial tie: Tied All Beer, All Cider, Minerals & Spirits

Agreement

Standard Tenancy Agreement. A fixed 5 year term. The annual rent shown (£39,500 per annum) takes into consideration a machines supply concession. The annual rent will be £44,500 if you prefer not to have Greene King supply machines to you.

Entry cost is approximately £34, 875 which includes Fixtures & Fittings at 25% of estimated valuation, stock, glassware, cutlery, crockery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit. Please note Fixtures and Fittings are estimated at approximately £60,000. An assisted purchase of F&F may be available with a 25% deposit on change day and weekly re payments to purchase the remaining 75% over an agreed period. Please note Greene King will own 50% of the F&F (full valuation £120,000) and the new partner will fund the remaining 50%.

Deposit

£11,000

Fixtures & Fittings

£15,000

Legal Admin Fee

£825

Broker Fee

£750

Stocktaking Fee

£150

Working Capital

£6,000

Other Costs

£1,150

Total Entry Costs

£34,875

You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations. All figures represent products bought from Greene King only. **Please note trading volumes for year 2021 are for part year trading and reflect the impact of closure during the Covid 19 pandemic**

Year Beer (Brls) Wine & Spirits (Ltrs) Minerals (Ltrs)
2023 0 0 0
2022 175 770 7,312
2021 210 322 7,604

This is an open plan bar and lounge site, with dedicated dining area and pool room. The bar will be completely refurbished including significant work to the toilets. Fantastic external areas will be created to the front and rear, with pods, heating, festoon lighting and new planting amongst the significant improvement works taking place.

Trade Bars

1

Trade Dining Areas

1

Trade Kitchens

1

Trade Food Covers

116

Trade Gardens

1

Trade Patio Areas

0

Trade Rooms to Let

0

Meeting Rooms

0

External Child Play Areas

0

Function Rooms

0

Customer Car Park Spaces

15

Current Premises Licence Opening Hours

Mon-Sun: 10.00-00.30

The accommodation comprises 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, toilet and bathroom and will be completely refurbished.

Private Rooms

6

Lounge

1

Dining Rooms

0

Double Bedrooms

2

Single Bedrooms

0

Bathrooms

1

Toilets

1

Private Kitchens

1

Offices

0

Bedsits

0

BDM Portrait

I am searching for an experienced operator, who can make the most of this exciting opportunity and capture the imagination of the local community. The refurbishment and re naming will move the pub away from its food led recent past and return the pub to its roots. If you have the skills and experienced required to make this pub a successful community asset once again, the please contact the recruitment team for further information.

Kevin Shears, Business Development Manager

Apply for this property

The Pub Partners team at Greene King is here to help you make the right decisions about starting your own pub business.