Wheatsheaf

West Perry, Perry, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 0BX

A STUNNING DESTINATION FOOD PUB.

The Wheatsheaf at Perry is a destination food pub, located on the edges of Graffham Water. The site is 75% food led and has some elements of seasonal trade. The new operator needs to retain the current trade, although we expect that some goodwill will be lost when the current operator leaves and the new operator needs to capitalise on this. There is also the opportunity to increase the range profile on the bar. The pub is a medium sized traditional style building with parking for 20 cars and a decent pub garden overlooking fields to the rear. The externals of the business requires investment which Greene King will be considering.

Location

Perry is located on the southern shores of Grafham water a reservoir of approximately 10 miles in circumference and a site of scientific interest. The Wheatsheaf benefits from being the closest pub and is at the heart of the attractive village of Perry. With a great location on the main road through Perry, the site benefits from local, tourist and destination trade.

Business Information

Annual rent

£60,000

Weekly rent

£1,154

Entry costs

£27,875

Turnover royalty

n/a

Forecasted Operator Turnover

£881,228

Forecasted Operator Profit (inc machine profit)

£58,293

Forecasted Operator Machine Profit

£0

Average Beer & Cider Discount*

£36

Type of Tie

Partial tie: Tied All Beer, All Cider, Minerals & Spirits

Agreement

Standard Tenancy Agreement. A fixed 5 year term

Entry cost is approximately £27,875 which includes Fixtures & Fittings at 25% of estimated valuation, stock, glassware, cutlery, crockery, fuel and cleaning materials, legal, brokers and stocktaking fees, training fees, schedule of condition, working capital and deposit. Please note Fixtures and Fittings are estimated at approximately £30,000. An assisted purchase of F&F may be available with a 25% deposit on change day and weekly re payments to purchase the remaining 75% over an agreed period. The full deposit is £15,000 with an initial payment of £7,500 with a build up to full level required over 52 weeks at a rate of £144.23 per week,

Deposit

£7,500

Fixtures & Fittings

£7,500

Legal Admin Fee

£825

Broker Fee

£750

Stocktaking Fee

£150

Working Capital

£10,000

Other Costs

£1,150

Total Entry Costs

£27,875

You will need to estimate the turnover you expect to achieve from the pub, with regard to food and accommodation (if applicable). Barrelage figures are given to assist you with calculations. All figures represent products bought from Greene King only. **Please note trading volumes for year 2021 are for part year trading and reflect the impact of closure during the Covid 19 pandemic**

Year Beer (Brls) Wine & Spirits (Ltrs) Minerals (Ltrs)
2023 203 225 12,575
2022 3,215 4,053 11,915
2021 171 3,036 8,932

In good decorative order, the Wheatsheaf benefits from a large bar at the front of the site, with relaxed seating adjacent to the roaring fire. There is a dining area laid for formal dining with coffee server and access from the kitchen. At the rear there is an attractive garden and patio.

Trade Bars

1

Trade Dining Areas

1

Trade Kitchens

1

Trade Food Covers

95

Trade Gardens

1

Trade Patio Areas

1

Trade Rooms to Let

0

Meeting Rooms

0

External Child Play Areas

0

Function Rooms

0

Customer Car Park Spaces

20

Current Premises Licence Opening Hours

Mon-Sat: 09:00-00:00
Sun: 11:00-00:00

The accommodation comprises 3 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, bathroom and office.

Private Rooms

7

Lounge

1

Dining Rooms

0

Double Bedrooms

3

Single Bedrooms

0

Bathrooms

1

Toilets

0

Private Kitchens

1

Offices

1

Bedsits

0

BDM Portrait

The new operator here will need to be an experienced food professional, ideally someone with local knowledge or experience of capitalising on tourist attractions. This is a high food volume site and would also suit a multiple operator. The pub has an enviable position close to Grafham Water and has been well maintained internally.

Lee Jarvis, Business Development Manager

Apply for this property

The Pub Partners team at Greene King is here to help you make the right decisions about starting your own pub business.